Recipe by chef patron Ivan Miller of Assaggi
- 500g trill (red mullet) cleaned and filleted
- 500g squid cleaned
For the dressing
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 small pepperoncino
- 1/2 tsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small piece of fresh grated ginger
- 200g plain flour 00 for dusting
- 1 ltr vegetable oil for frying
- Pinch of salt and white pepper for seasoning
- For garnish wedge of lime and a few sprigs of garden cress or fresh mint
- In a food processor add all the dressing ingredients, blend well until very smooth.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small saucepan, dust the fish in some flour and season with salt and pepper. Make sure squid and fish are cleaned properly and cut into small pieces, about a good bite size.
- When oil is hot cook the squid for about two minutes, remove and set aside, then cook red mullet for about a minute, remove and set aside on a paper towel too.
- Place the fish on a long plate and, if you want to look like a pro, paint some squid ink on the bottom of the plate and place the fish one by one on top of it. Pour the dressing over it and garnish with a few garden cress and a wedge of lime. Enjoy!
Posted by Sunday Circle
on November 18, 2011. Filed under Recipes
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
You can leave a response or trackback to this entry