Pancake Day, aka Shrove Tuesday, is the day when people celebrate and indulge in eating this sweet or savoury right before Ash Wednesday and Lent kick in.
Text by Roslyn Schembri
In tradition, during the fasting season, people are to refrain from eating ‘rich’ food such as dairy, meat or eggs.
So in order for this food not to go to waste pancakes are cooked. Perfect!
Why not give pancakes a go and then serve with any flavour of your choice.
Here’s a delicious berry recipe you can try out:
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 10 whole frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, or to taste (optional)
- Preheat a pancake griddle to medium heat. Whisk together the pancake mix and water in a bowl.
- Place the still-frozen strawberries into a blender, and pulse several times to break the berries up into small pieces. Mix the chopped strawberries and the frozen blueberries into the batter until the fruit is well distributed.
- Grease the griddle with butter, and pour about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the griddle.
Allow the bottom side to brown and the batter to form air holes; sprinkle the uncooked side with brown sugar, if desired, and flip to brown the other side.
Posted by Sunday Circle
on February 21, 2012. Filed under Just For Fun
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.